belt squeal

I just had the lower harmonic balancer replaced on my car after the old one broke apart. The two belts were also replaced.

Occasionally I get belt squeal, is this because the belts are too tight or too loose?

Regards, rtt

Reply to
Richard Tomkins

Too loose and are now probably glazed if this has been going on very long, most likely is the alternator doing this. Also do NOT spray any belt "dressing" ect on them!

Reply to
Steve T