bose speaker

I have a 99 maxima GLE and the driver's side front "satelite" speaker (up near the window) is crackling. I can't for the life of me find a replacement or any information on it anywhere on the internet. If anyone can shed some light on this or tell me where to get a replacement, I would appreciate it.

Thank you, Nick Linden

Reply to
Nick Linden

Thats the tweeter - check forums.maxima.org. They have a classifieds section for the 95-99 model year (otherwise known as the 4th Gen). You might be able to find a used one (but working) there. Many owners rip out the factory Bose and add aftermarket units.

You could also try Ebay - you'll most definitely find a replacement there.

Cheers, Nirav

96 Max GLE 126k
Reply to
njmodi

Thanks for the quick reply. I did check eBay, and I only found some aftermarket units (which would be fine) but none of them are for the 4th Gen. Maxima. If you happen to spot some there or elsewhere, let me know. Also, I registered on that forum, and it won't let me search or post - probably because I haven't been a member long enough but as soon as it gives me more functionality, I will check there as well.

Reply to
Nick Linden