Brake Clicking Sound

OK, about a year ago I replaced the front rotors and brakes(generic nothing special) on my 2002 maxima. I haven't had any problems until now(about 13000 miles since new parts). The problem that I am having is that there is a clicking sound coming from the front left rotor/caliper. The sound is very noticeable when the brakes are warm and disappears when I apply the brakes. Now the sound is "tinny" in nature, amd sounds as though that one of the wheel spokes is hitting a piece of tin attached to the caliper. One thing I want to point out and than I'm starting to point my finger at, is the auto store I originally purchased the front pads from didn't provide shims and indicated that they were not needed. I'm second guessing the decision of not putting shims on the pad and starting to think that pad "slop"movement is occurring when everything is warm. Has anyone lse experienced anything like this?

Bill

Reply to
bsherwo1

Yes when noisy, wheel off, go take eye in hand and let it peek for the cause. Then clean and/or replace pads...

Reply to
Wiikinki