brake light and battery light on

Threaded View

1997 Maxima GXE, 200,200 KM. Brake light and battery light came on and won't
go off. Car drives and behaves normal. Battery is 8 months old, brake were
replaced at 194,000 Km. Only thing I noticed was low power steering fluid,
brake fluid was OK. When I apply hand brake 'brake light' become little
brighter but stay on when I release. Thank you for help.

Re: brake light and battery light on

Alternator is bad, most likely.

Nirav
96 Max GLE, 122k

Re: brake light and battery light on

Alternator is failing.

Re: brake light and battery light on

The alternator is bad.

Don't use an aftermarket part or you will be bolting up another one before
you know it.

use an OEM Nissan part you you'll be sorry.

won't

Re: brake light and battery light on

I thank you NissTech, njmodi and JimV for your time and help. You were all
correct it was alternator but unfortunately before I received NissTech's
advice aftermarket alternator was already put on. Lets hope for best. Thanks
again.

Site Timeline