brake light and battery light on

1997 Maxima GXE, 200,200 KM. Brake light and battery light came on and won't go off. Car drives and behaves normal. Battery is 8 months old, brake were replaced at 194,000 Km. Only thing I noticed was low power steering fluid, brake fluid was OK. When I apply hand brake 'brake light' become little brighter but stay on when I release. Thank you for help.
Reply to
Al

Alternator is bad, most likely.

Nirav

96 Max GLE, 122k
Reply to
njmodi

Alternator is failing.

Reply to
JimV

The alternator is bad.

Don't use an aftermarket part or you will be bolting up another one before you know it.

use an OEM Nissan part you you'll be sorry.

Reply to
NissTech

I thank you NissTech, njmodi and JimV for your time and help. You were all correct it was alternator but unfortunately before I received NissTech's advice aftermarket alternator was already put on. Lets hope for best. Thanks again.

Reply to
Al