can a 215/45R17 be used to replace a 225/65-17 tire

I had the same issue. I think I've solved it by cleaning the throttle body with clean rag, preferably new, and a decent spray can of carb cleaner. Someone out there has the the link on to how to do this? If it still happens the same article that describes how to do this mentions a valve that might need replacing.

NissTech might be of better help here?

Reply to
mawalsh

You can just replace the mast. Available from the Nissan dealer.

Reply to
JimV

Hi,

About 2 years ago I was changing my brakes and the jack fell out and the car landed on its rotor. I guess it fell about 12". After the fall I noticed a vibration in the front end and steering wheel at speeds aver 65mph. Since this happened I've had new tires intstalled, new rotors and brakes and alignment. But I still have the vibration. My wife wants the vibration gone or a new car which we can't really afford. What is the most likely cause of the vibration?

Thanks in advance

Reply to
traderfjp

Year? Miles? The 12" fall shouldn't really hurt anything. I'd guess you still have a balance problem. Have you tried rotating the back tires to the front? Might also try having the tires balanced on the car (call around, not all shops can do this). Also, lots of miles on worn out struts can cause this.

Reply to
JimV

Reply to
john smith

I had this problem with my 99 Maxima a few weeks ago, did quite a bit of research online about it, including numerous newsgroups and ended up fixing it by doing the following:

The light came on just a few minutes after I had filled up on gas, so I drove the car with the light on until it was pretty much empty again, then went and bought some good fuel injector cleaner, filled it up with a full tank of the best gas I could find (93 octane) and dumped the fuel injector cleaner in it.

Drove the car for about half a tank and the service engine soon light turned off and hasn't been back on since.

May or may not work for you, depending on what the actual problem is, but worked for me and avoided the hastle of checking engine codes or paying $$$$$ at the dealership. Worth a shot anyway, even if it doesn't fix your problem, it definitely won't hurt your car and might save you some dough.

Reply to
Bob

The car dropped at 30K but sonce then I've replaced tires twice, changed rotors, brakes and had an alignment and I still get vibration at high speeds.

Reply to
traderfjp

Yes. Not only the bearing but the structure that hold the bearing. Unscrew the whole thing out and take it to the shop.They will staighten that structure while replacing the bearing. I had that done on the rear wheels of a max 97 after a similar incident and all the vibrations have gone after that

Reply to
boubi

Hello,

I have a 1995 Nissan Maxima - Auto. I'm facing a few problems:

  1. Sometimes while turning the car - the steering wheel gets stuck and the car becomes very difficult to turn. I observed that this problem occurs whenever it rains. But, after a while it starts working fine.

  1. Today when I stopped at a traffic light and then had to start, the car made a clicking sound when I pushed gas and then it jerked into motion... but after that it worked fine. After that I parked the car for about an hour and then when I was driving the car, it felt like the car was making a slight noise while driving. Also, after stopping on a traffic light... when I tried to move the car when the traffic light was green, the car did not move... the engine was running, the RPM too was increasing as I pumped gas but the car wouldn't move ahead. I tried shifting the gear to a lower level... but still it did not move for a minute or two and then suddenly it picked up on the first gear. After that the car worked fine, on "D" gear too. Please note that it also snowed here today, so that might be the factor, but this has not happened anytime earlier in snowy conditions.

What might be problems? How much would I have to spend to fix the problems?

Thank you in advance for the help.

-Explorer

Reply to
explorer

Was the axle damaged in the fall? I'd still try the on car balance.

Reply to
JimV

Let's see now. Before Carlos Ghosn, Nissan was so deep in the red that you'd think you were walking into Oscar night. Now with Carlos Ghosn, Nissan is one of the most profitable car companies in the world. Comparisons. Mercedes tried to do it with Mitsubishi. Look at it now. Granted, the Benz deal with Chrysler is beginning to bear some fruit. Ford tried to do it with Jaguar. Are they happy?

Suffice to say that Carlos Ghosn brought Nissan back from the brink, and all us Nissanaholics should be thankful.

CD

Reply to
Codifus

Ahh, welcome to the club!!

I had issues of pressing the gas, RPM's increasing yet the car not accelerating. Finally it got to the point where the car would not move at all.

Of course, this was with a manual trans, so your situation might be different. From what I read with my issue it seamed it was only the manuals. But here is a thought seing as it is the same year and same issues.

If your problem is what I think it is, this has to do with I belive a "sham" inside the gear box which is something like, an eigth of an inch too big. Causing something to bang/rub eventually wearing down the gears.

Cause might be something similar to what you are experiencing. Pressing the gas, increasing RPM's and car not moving/being sluggish (not having the normal pick up) rang a bell.

Reply to
jake

I'm not sure about the axle being damaged. But my mechanix said that if the bearing was causing the vibration, at high speeds, that I would hear a noise. I only have the vibration at high speeds and there isn't any scraping, etc. noises from the bearing. I'm wondering if the guys here who had their bearing chnaged - if you heard any noises from the bearing or was it just a vibration like I had at high speeds?

Reply to
traderfjp

Damn that sounds dangerous! How did it happen?

Reply to
James Harvey

Is that the best place to buy from? I would guess that my local dealer would be pretty high. Anyone bought one of those recently?

Reply to
Ben in TN

what's the latest on the AWD maxima?

Reply to
superglide M

have the wheel bearing checked and the inner and outer tie rod ends checked on the side that was dropped

Reply to
NissTech

try replacing the belts, sounds like they are slipping

try checking the transmission fluid

Reply to
NissTech

lw snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote in news:1111285354.624680.40470 @f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

I had a similar situation. AutoZone said it was cod P0420...I waited about

3-4 weeks, and one day, I realized the light was off. Has been off for about 2 weeks at this point.
Reply to
anonymous

There's only so many things spinning that can be causing it. The axle, the bearings, the rotor, and the wheel/tire. If the axle hit something on the way down, it could be damaged. It could be the bearing retainer that was shifted out of center too. I don't agree that it would have to be noisy.

Reply to
JimV