can a 215/45R17 be used to replace a 225/65-17 tire

I've got a 2000 SE 5sp 98000m and manage between 24 and 30 mpg using Sunoco 93. I drive 104 miles daily round trip to/from work, of which 99 miles is on interstate @ 65 - 80 mph.

Reply to
Mad Max

I drive a 2000 SE 5sp with 98k mile and the original muffler. I am contemplating replacing it with a Frankencar Cat Back, and was curious whether any one had any feedback on their exhaust system? I also plan to add an intake later this summer - considering Frankencar's hybrid as well as Berk's product - both with the Apexi dry filter.

Reply to
Mad Max

Looking for new tires for an 03 Maxima - 225/50/17. I am leaning towards the Kumho ECSTA ASX based on good online reviews, but also considering Falken ZE-512 and even Hankook Ventus HRII H405. Please let me know of any good or bad experiences with these.. Thanks.

Reply to
Arif

Get Michelins

Reply to
NissTech

bellows

I removed the whole airbox. As I've done it three times now, it doesn't seem to be that big a deal.

Reply to
Boots

again,

Get Michelin's

Reply to
NissTech

BEEN THERE, DONE THAT. TOTALLY SKIP THE KUMHO ECSTA. NOT WORTH THE DEGRADATION OF RIDE/HANDLING/WEAR/NOISE. VERY POOR TIRE FOR A MAXIMA.

Reply to
nona

So you want a cheap tire that has great tread life, works good in the snow yet still has great dry handleing? Anything else you'd like? :-)

Reply to
Steve T

I put some ventus K104's on my old Z and they seem like good tires, they handle great.

Reply to
Steve T

I had pilos on my chevy lumina, they were ok but I don't think they were really worth the price. I've been researching on-line has anyone used Avon Tech M550 A/S tires before? seemed to get good reviews. main things I'm concerned are treadlife, snow and rain traction and handeling.

Reply to
Nick

Reply to
Nick

Not familiar with those specific tire models, but Falken Azenis RT-215's on my 95 SE work great. They are a bit small because the only size I could find for my 15" wheels were 205-50/15. Before that I had 225-60/15 Firestone SZ-50's that worked great in the rain. Before that I had

215-60/ZR15 BFG Comp/TA's.

But I have a Pathfinder for winter, so the last decent all season car tires I bought were BFG VR-4's for my 89 T-bird years ago. The Goodyear RSA all weather tires that came on my Maxima were a joke (OK in snow, but just as slippery dry).

Reply to
David Efflandt

Mostly directional tires are better at clearing water. If your existing tires wear evenly, you can consider them. But if cross-rotation is a necessity on your car, directional tires are not for you.

They are still not common enough for NTB (insert your own vendor) to rotate them properly, front to back only. IF they are put on backward, they will make a lot of noise and wear very quickly.

I've had both kinds and really don't have a preference. The benefits are subtle if any. Some tires look directional and aren't!

Reply to
jmattis

Plus you MUST use pull through parking only. Never use reverse.

(grin)

Carl

snipped-for-privacy@attglobal.net wrote:

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

Hello, I was told I need to by past the factory amplifier in order to install an after market stereo producing 200W. Is that true? I don't think it is necessary. Thanks rory snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Reply to
Rory Evans

yes you have to abandon the factory amp otherwise you'll be pumping a 20 watt signal into an amp that's supposed be taking a few milliwatts. I installed a Panasonic head unit, removed the old amp & speakers and put in some 4x6 speakers in the front doors and some 6 1/4" round ones in the rear deck. It's sounds pretty good even without a subwoofer and external amp.

Chris

90 & 94 GXE's
Reply to
Chris H

just wondering the difference in performance that a directional tires has vs a non directional ires. what are the pros and cons?

Reply to
Nick

Wrote certified letters to dealership and all corp. officers. The car went back to dealership for two days last week. They said they called nissan and were told they knew of four occurances such as ours. One had a faulty seat heater, the other something in the radio, and the other a abs thing. Anyway they checked that all out and of course it came out fine. Told us to call Nissan and make a claim. Wish they would have told us this last year after the third battery. So we have a claim in and a regional rep. is suppose to contact us today.

Reply to
J hopson via CarKB.com

I find them vastly superior in the rain. I agree, most places try to put them on wrong and you need to carefully watch installation and rotation.

Reply to
You_Know_Who~

Some people just don't like Michelin's, for what they perceive to be very good reasons....

Reply to
You_Know_Who~