can a 215/45R17 be used to replace a 225/65-17 tire

it is going to trigger a P1320 code

snipped-for-privacy@CarKB.com,

Reply to
NissTech

your fighting a losing battle Steve, give it up man.

Reply to
NissTech

I just went through a set of Falken 512's on my '96 I30, and they stuck to the road like glue. Way better handling and smoother ride than the more expensive Yokohamas I just got (I needed new tires before a long road trip, and the tire store screwed up the order for the Falkens).

However, the Falkens only lasted for 30K miles. Or is that normal?

Steve Green

Reply to
Steve Green

Kumho brand is very agressively seeking market share in USA. Their corporate level customer service is exemplary. Falken brand made its name selling retreads. 30k miles is probably just slightly better than average (for a sticky street tire).

JMTC

Reply to
bmaty

My less than one year old 2005 maxima has creaks and rattles from what seems to be the rear of the car. The radio does make the rear shelf rattles so it's not that problem. Anyone else have this very annoying sound - problem is that it comes and goes. Last time I took it to the dealer it wasn';t there. It's almost like the body is flexing. Help...

Reply to
AMM

Does anyone know what air temperture to expect at the dash outlets when the AC is running properly? My temp is around 45 Deg F and this does not seem cool enough for the car. Please let me know. TIA Bob

95 SE Auto
Reply to
BeeP

On max cool it should be 35-42 assuming an 80F ambient temp. 45 isn't bad if it's in the 90s.

Reply to
JimV

Reply to
BeeP

Most A/C systems performance improves as the temps rise up to around 80 degrees. I'm not surprised you see 45+ degrees at 60 degrees ambient. I'd also be shocked to see sub 40 degree temps from any AC system, as that sure isn't the sorts of temps I've seen from any of the A/C system I've tested. Very few pull any lower than 40-42 deg.

Reply to
Steve T

I'm looking at a 2002 Maxima with a Stillen Cold Air Intake, Greddy Exhaust and a aftermarket ECU. The owner is claiming that these bolt on mods have added roughly 45HP to the car. I was wondering if this sounds right?? Thanks in advance. Time to sell the 99 Maxima that has served me well.

Reply to
traderfjp

Air conditioner performance varies , there are a couple of variables that must be figured into the equation when calculation output air temp

The 2 biggies are Temperature and relative humidity, both will effect A/C performance.

If you are getting 45 deg. F that's pretty good.

Reply to
NissTech

Just remember this simple saying.

"If it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is"

If it were me, I'd keep the 99 and drive it till the wheels fall off.

Reply to
NissTech

The HP gains are not a deal breaker one way or another. I need to buy a more reliable Maxima. The 99 has seen better days. I was just curious if the mods done would actually increase the ponies that much.

Reply to
traderfjp

That's too cold to be accurate. The compressor won't engage much at 60F.

Reply to
JimV

My 90 GXE has been blowing the Stoplight 15A fuse and the Tailight 10A fuse tonight. So I replaced w/ new and now when I step on the brake, the instrument panel lights come on and the lights-on chime rings. If the motor is on, when I step on the brake and have the headlights on, these fuses will blow simultaneously.

The manual doesn't show there to be any relays in these circuits. The only thing I can think of is the headlight stalk-mounted switch. It has malfunctioned in the past by not turning on both high beams, although it has never failed to turn on the head & tail lights. This has never happened before and I haven't been fiddling around with any electrical component lately.

Any thoughts??

Chris

90 & 94 GXE's
Reply to
Chris H

I dunno - one very slim possibility, if you have any of those dual element bulbs, weird things can happen if one element burns out and part droops down in the bulb to put power on the other element.

That's all I got.

Carl

Chris H wrote:

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

I have an 01 max and my SES light went on. it was on for about a week or so I had made an appoitment for an oil change tire rotation and my mechanic was going to also check out the code. well today I turned on my car, and the light was no longer on. doesn't the computer wait until teh failure happens a few times before it triggers the SES light? and if so did the failure just go away? is the code still in there?

Reply to
Dr. Nick

If the factory could get 45HP out of a better air filter/exhaust and a little tuning, you don't think they would have done this instead of spending $$$$$ on the high tech engine mods they did instead? I bet all of that stuff didn't net over 5RWHP and could easily have killed 5-10HP instead.

Reply to
Steve T

The last time this happened to me was when I connected my trailer. The stock fuse couldn't handle the extra load. You don't mention trailer lights, so perhaps that isn't the problem here.

Reply to
ppointer

Carl is right... I have seen this several times. It makes the electrical system do strange things with the dash lights and other indicator lamps. Certainly worth a looksie. Remember, check simple things first!

Professor

Professor