Can anyone help???

Hi everyone, I have just purchased a '91 nissan maxima, and we were told it had problems with driving, we changed a whole bunch of vacuum lines that were damaged under the hood, the problem with the car is that when u put it in gear it surges then stops surges then stops, sometimes it runs GREAT when u can get it goin, also sometimes it doesnt go into a gear mainly Drive...the guy said he rebuilt the transmission,added new fuel pumps, alternator... also speedometer stops working occasionally if anyone has had prior problems like this or know whats wrong please feel free to help me out, thanks

Reply to
Stevol82