car died due to tilting steering wheel up and will not start - help?

Greetings-

We bought a '91 Nissan Maxima this past Monday and except for the pulsing dashboard, blower and headlight issue, which almost prevented my husband from buying the car, we are pleased with the purchase - that is if I get to drive it again.

Yesterday morning, husband had the day off, thought I had to go somewhere, so he started up the car and was going to investigate the possibility of a bad ground in regards to my pulsing problem. Leaving my seat where it was, the nice guy that he is, when he went to get out of the car, he tilted the steering wheel up to ease his departure and the car immediately died and has not been able to be started again. The little security light that was flashing when the car was in operation is flashing all the time now and the only things getting power are the headlights and dome lights.

I want to drive my car again. Any and all isuggestions are appreciated.

Reply to
jini

I think I would be looking at the wiring in and near the steering column for a broken wire, a short or, maybe if you are lucky, a connector that is not securely seated.

Reply to
E Meyer