catalytic converter

Any ideas on catalytic converter problem. Earlier I had problem with 2 oxygen sensors and replaced. Later getting service engine soon light and the problem is P0420 and P0430 codes which is catalytic efficiency below threshold Bank 1 and Bank 2 respectively. I want to understand the root cause of these problems or do you think just replacing catalytic converters will be fine. I heard if there are other engine problems the light will come again with new CATs as well.

Any ideas?

Reply to
Ajmal Syed

You didn't tell us what you're driving or the miles. A firmware update may fix it (have to talk to the dealer about that unfortunately) or it may be time for a new CC.

Reply to
JimV

If is under 80,000 miles take it to your local Nissan dealer and they'll apply the firmware update without charge. However, you may soon discover (the delarership will tell you) a ignition coil problem. Read on at

weinapril