changing sohc to dohc 92 maxima

im changing my sohc motor to a dohc will i have to change the computer and/or my wiring harness or anything else

Reply to
rick420

Well, the 92-94 DOHC has individual coils for each plug (sohc has a std distributor), more O2 sensors, knock sensor, definitely a different computer, (I'd be concerned if the transmission is compatible dohc got limited slip, sohc did not). I believe they are different blocks.

Gary K

Reply to
gary

You'll have to change EVERYTHING else. You got the DOHC tranny and axles etc too I hope? You'll need the other car's harness/ecu sensors etc etc.

Reply to
Steve T