clutch problem -- 2005 maxima

Help! I've got a 2005 Maxima with about 12K miles. A couple months ago this fine piece of automotive engineering stranded me: the clutch pedal stuck to the floor and became nonfunctional.

I had it towed into the local dealer. The next morning when the tried it, the clutch worked OK. I insisted they fix it anyway. After 3 weeks waiting around for a clutch master cylinder to come in from Nissan, they gave me the car back.

2 weeks later the problem happened again. And then it cleared up after letting the car sit. Last week it happened a third time. The dealer says they cannot fix it if they cannot make the problem happen. They failed when they had it for 3 weeks last time so I'm not optimistic. And I cannot afford to go without a car while they hold it again for God knows how long. So I've got an almost brand new car Nissan doesn't know how to fix.

Any suggestions? 1-800-NISSAN1 is worthless. They just told me to take it back to the dealer. Maybe someone here has an idea what the problem could be so I could give the "experts" at my Nissan dealer a clue.

I should've bought something more reliable than a top of the line Max I guess. Like maybe a Kia.

Reply to
Jimmy

Help! I've got a 2005 Maxima with about 12K miles. First impression: there is no such problem...

Having said that, I have had a leasing car which lost all brakes during the night. Scary morning moment, frantic pumping got brakes functional (have u tried?). Anyways, I lost my confidence and demanded another car. Had to fight for it, nobody beleived me... The car was new.

Does Nissan believe you? Have you seen the mentioned cylinder swap with your own eyeballs? Are you more than 100% sure they physically changed it, or do they just give lipservice to you? Someting doesnt match here...

The problem circulates around air bubbles, main piston seals. Some thing is more or less cracked. If the main cylinder was changed, the issue sits in parts not yet swapped. Still, one has to understand that correcting 'no problem' is always shooting into dark... its good accident if u get right results.

But with 12k miles, this should be not your but NISSAN management level problem: go to your salesman, demand a solution. Call your consumer help, maybe

-and-
My guess is that with Kia you go to service shop the same week. Check the stats.

Reply to
Wiikinki

Thanks for the comments. I guess I've got no choice but to go back to the dealer and give it another shot. If that fails I'll try the websites you suggested. I'm hoping now that I've b*tched to Nissan corporate I'll get a little more attention.

I do think they really replaced the master cylinder because they made we wait around for 3 weeks while it came in and had to deal with phone calls every other day from me checking the status.

I don't really think my salesman is going to care to tell the truth. It was one of those volume internet sales things.

The Kia comment may have been a bit much, but overall this is a very disappo> Help! I've got a 2005 Maxima with about 12K miles.

[...]

all kinds of interior rattles that a car of this class should not have. My trust has been deliberately smashed, dealeships in general.

Only if they see youre dedicated and will stay as a pain in their a, they will select the easier course. Make politely sure that they understand your demands are valid and wont go away. NTHSA is a nice word in such negotiation: I envy US for that... Make diary, list all phone calls etcetc. Take somebody "attorney looking" friend with you, you can have fun if u plan it... Record all and make sure they see. Say "Thank you, Byebye, I'll call tomorrow..."

(Hey but youre still lucky. Think about those ppl whose brakes have vanished: to spend eternity in jail because u have no way to prove youre straight citizen...)

Warranty is warranty. If you win it from snow shovelin contes, doesnt matter...

My papa bought a 2002Maxima model: I say Noisy Terriblese! Spent one day on it, on noise insulation. Result is eerie absolut silence at local speed limits. Worst sound source is the open unfinished steel on L&R front foot-sides "echoboxes", only one single non insulated plastic: free sound travel from wheel wells. Check out similar project on my max:

Wiikinki

Just for kicks...

I had a brand new 1988 Mazda 323 SW. Clutch pedal stuck when I depressed it fully, happened twice... then i discovered that my rubber matt was keep> Help! I've got a 2005 Maxima with about 12K miles. A couple months

Reply to
AS