Cost of Synthetic Oil Change

Hi there,

Just curious as to what you pay for a synthetic oil change. I typically have it done at the dealer and would supply the Mobil 1 and it would run me about $35 total (4.70 a quart at Wal Mart or Target).

My dealer now has Mobil 1 synthetic so I had it done - $54 bucks (9 dollars a quart). I probably should have asked the cost first.

Regular oil change, 24 dollars.

Just curious how much you pay.

Thanks.

Reply to
TC

Dave Kind

My Dealer in Dublin GA Charge me only 9.95, even if i suppy my own Mobil 1. Tire roatation is 29.95. Paul Walsh in Macon charge only 14.95, supply your own oil and plus get a HAND wash dry and vac.

Reply to
Altima 3.5

Sounds about right for a "retail" mobil one change. Discount stores sell stuff at discount prices, not retail. You paid for the convinience of not haveing to go to walmart first.

Reply to
Steve T

change. I

Mobil 1 and

or Target).

bucks (9

Sounds about right for a "retail" mobil one change. Discount stores sell stuff at discount prices, not retail. You paid for the convinience of not haveing to go to walmart first.

Reply to
Boots Crofoot

The best is Mobil one. They Mobil wrote the book on Synthetic oil. ========================

Reply to
Dave Kind

IIRC, I paid ~$30 to let Walmart do it with Mobil 1. That was their "Premium" package where they also check and top other fluids and tire pressure, clean the windshield and vacuum the interior. The regular... just the oil and filter... would be $28 or so.

As with any place... INCLUDING a dealer... watch them to make sure you get the oil you ordered and they put the right amount in. Actually, I prefer a Walmart or quickie-lube place to most dealers because I _can_ watch as they work! I also pop open the hood and check level before starting after picking up the keys.

Of course doing it myself is best but that's not often possible any more.

BuddyWh

Reply to
BuddyWh