Dead Bose stereo update

Hi,

I have a 95 maxima with a bose stereo system that suddenly had the sound go dead. there is still power to the antenna and headunit, just no sound. I finally got around to checking the fuses and it turns out that the 15 amp 'bose' fuse in the fuse box near the drivers left knee was blown. So i replaced it and had sound back for about 2 seconds and the same fuse blew again.

the only things that have changed recently are that I added a headlight wire harness. but that was around for months without causing any problems and i checked and all the connections and grounds are still fine with it. And just before the stereo died I had bodywork done to replace the trunk lid and rear bumper. But the stereo worked for several hours after that. could it be related?

So what can be causing this fuse to blow?

thanks

seth

Reply to
Seth Ness

not too mention he also had body work done in the rear which creates the very likely possibility of a crimped wire shorting things out.

Reply to
Brian

The following website has allot of usefull information on Bose car stereo systems and troubleshooting.

Bill Never

A ha! ...maybe. Since some work has been done in the trunk area I would look for chafed wiring that is shorting out. This would certainly cause a fuse to go out. Perhaps a wire got pinched when the new trunk lid was put on.

If you are handy with a multimeter, you could check the wiring continuity from the fuse back. From the equipment side of the fuse (i.e. not the battery supply side) there should be no continuity from there to ground. If there is and the ohm meter reads close to zero, there must be a short somewhere.

Denny

Seth Ness wrote:

Reply to
Dennis Goodrich