Dead spot on Tachometer

Today I noticed that when I'm pressing on the accelerator a little (enough to make the engine respond and increase in speed) the rpms on the tachometer don't rise. I don't think it's an gauge problem. When I push it more the rpms do seem to pop up quickly. But if I'm pressing the pedal enough for the car to increase speed, shouldn't the tachometer show the increased RPMs? If the Vehicle Speed Sensor was bad wouldn't it not show anything at all?

97 Maxima SE automatic 80k

Thanks for any ideas you may send my way!

Reply to
Roger

I don't have an answer to your question but I confirm that I have the same kind of behaviour on my Maxima 94. I was thinking that it can be somehow related to the vacuum leak I'm having but on the second thought it doesn't, because I still get rpm increase at once after I press the gas pedal. It's just that needle doesn't move up until I press harder. Hope somebody'd be able to explain this.

Reply to
Maksym Moyseyenko