Differences 03 vs. 04 Max

Just curious, but what are the driveability (and other major) differences between the 03 SE and the 04 SE Maximas??

Chris

90 & 94 GXE's
Reply to
Chris H
2004 Has the following driveability features which I don't think are on the 03

- 5sp Auto - better acceleration and better economy

- 4 wheel independent suspension - better handling and ride

- Optional combined traction and stability control (if you can find it). I don't know how it changes driveability because I have never driven a max with this feature Non driveability features include Cornering lights Sky roof (if you like it) Full spare trunk More radical styling (many folks like it but it is not to the taste of a lot of Maxima Purists BTW I have a silver 04 SE and IMHO it is a great car.

Reply to
Don

From a performance leaning view, the 04 is heavier than the 03 by 200 lbs, so the 10 hp increase for 04 won't make up for that. The 02 and 03s are probably the fastest Maximas around still. the 04 has an independant rear suspension, so on bumpy roads it should be a little more pinned down. From my point of view, the multi-link beam rear gives up little to an IRS b/c when you are enthusiastically running in the twisties, running on the track, or flat out on the auto-bahn, those tend to be smooth roads, so the advantage to the IRS is somewhat moot. I'm not saying that the IRS isn't better, it's just that the multilink beam is not as bad a people think. When they think beam, they tend to associate it with the heavy live axle like in a Mustang or Camaro. Combining heavy weight with a beam in those cars makes for one tricky rear end. The light wieght beam in the 95 to 03 Max ain't half that bad.

CD

Reply to
Codifus

What about the cornering/body lean factor, highway ride comfort, slalom nimbleness, sound level, shifting and powertrain (automatic) responsiveness??

Chris

differences

Reply to
Chris H