Door locks .. weird behavior ...

I have a 1992 Nissan Maxima. Usually when you are ready to get into the car, after you insert your car key in the door lock, and turn it 45 degrees left, then back to vertical position and then turn in again (that is twice) - back and forth in quick succession, you could open the door locks on all the doors.

Recently in the last couple of months, we have noticed that all the door locks open some day while on other days, it does not open the rest of the cars' door locks. Sometimes in the morning when I go to work it works, and in the evening while getting ready to go back, it does not work at all.

Anybody have any ideas on why this is happening?

Thanks.

SGO

Reply to
SG

it's either a bad or improper operating key position switch or a malfunctioning door lock timer

I'm thinking a bad key position switch

Reply to
NissTech

What would you suggest I do to fix this? I have noticed that in the mornings, it works and in the evening on my way back home, it does not work. I park outside in the sun. I am not sure because the car gets really hot then that causes the key to not work. When it is not working, the lock/unlock button does not work - all I hear is a slight click when that lock button is depressed. So I am assuming it is something electronic that has gone bad.

To reiterate my case, the first turn of the key unlocks the door (every time - atleast so far :). It is the second turn of the key to unlock all the locks on all the doors that is works sometimes and does not most of the time.

Any suggestions would be gladly appreciated. Thanks.

- SGO

NissTech wrote:

Reply to
SG