EGR/Knock Sensor/Emissions problem ?

Hello all

I've been unable to take my 1997 through the environmental emissions test for my state (OR). First time they told me code P0325 is being emitted by the computer (knock sensor circuit). This was the ONLY code coming out. Took car to my mechanic, he checked the circuit, seemed OK, erased the code, tested again, didn't come back. I took it to DEQ and it still refused to give them a reading. A different guy told me to not pay too much attention to the P0325 code, he ran a different diagnostic and it reported the EGR system test could not be completed. My mechanic is convinced that if the EGR had failed, we would have gotten a code for it on the OBD-II (we're only seeing the P0325). Any ideas or pointers much appreciated. I'm not sure where to go from here. I can take it to a different shop but I want to know what I'm getting into first.

Thanks

Reply to
osaman