Fan Failure

On my 2003 Nissan Maxima SE the fan stopped operating. I believe it must be a fuse because it doesn't work with any function (heat, defrost, A/C). I checked the fuse box under the hood and the one under the dash by the driver. Anyone have any ideas where else to look???

Reply to
Mike

The fan(s) are probably out. Put 12 volts across their connections to see if the come on. If not, replace them. I did. Got replacements at Pep Boys. They still work great after a year.

Reply to
Chuck In Dallas

Polarity?

If wrong the battery, computer, relays and other components are at risk.

I suggest using a multimeter or circuit continuity tester.

If a 12 V. potential is applied to the fan terminals be sure to have first disconnected the fan from the rest of the car's electrics.

Also, 50% of all electrical and electronic failures are caused by open or corroded contacts (source: Norden Bomb Sight Co., WWII).

Ralph Hertle

Reply to
Ralph Hertle

Mike did you get the fan problem solved?

Reply to
BongoDrum

Normally, there's the resistor fan problem, but the symptom is that the fan only works at the highest setting. Yours doesn't. Still, I would check the fan resistor just in case. It's normally located near the fan itself under the glovebox.

CD

Reply to
codifus