Flashing Air Bag Light

My 2001 Maxima was in an accident last year and had to replace the air bag and sensor. I think its called a sensor. It is located under the center arm rest/console. Well it started flashing today and I was told that it can be re-set. Can anyone tell me how? As always your help is much appreciated.

Tony C.

Reply to
Tony Deb

You may want to get your battery/electrical system checked, If the battery voltage falls below 9.6 volts it can trigger the SRS light to flash.

The srs light can only be reset by using CONSULT 2 at your local Nissan dealership

Reply to
NissTech

Hey thanks for the reply. A friend just called me and said by disconnecting the battery for something like 3 minutes would stop the flashing but Im afraid it might also cause the SRS system to fail. This started while I had every possible electrical feature on and things plugged in the 2 outlets. I wonder if that may have caused this to happen? Well I will get the system checked and again thanks for your time.

Tony C.

Reply to
Tony Deb

That only worked on older cars. Newer nissan's check engine lights etc have to be turned off either at the computer itself or with a scan tool. But disconecting the battery isn't going to hurt anything either.

Reply to
Steve

Got the same problem of flashing AirBag light on my '98 Maxima. No history of accidents. Car was idling for 10 minutes on driveway and then the light started flashing.

Would like to know if the issue got resolved on your end and how.

thanks. AG.

Reply to
AG