fuel pump relay for 89 maxima

I do not know where the fuel pump relay is located for a 89 maxima. I want to replace it because I was told that a bad relay may be the cause of a intermittent engine bucking and misfiring.

Bucking and misfiring sounds more like an ignition problem. Check your wires and distributor cap. Probably ought to change those if they haven't been changed in a long time. Cracks can let in moisture and cause misfiring. When you turn on the key, you should hear a whine and then it will shut off if you don't crank the engine. If you hear this, then your fuel pump is probably working properly. Need more information for this problem as it can have several causes.

Chris

90, 94 GXE 06 SE
Reply to
Chris H

I have replaced wires, plugs, distributer cap and rotor and fuel filter. I would like to know the location of the fuel filter relay anyway.

I don't think it has a relay. There should be a fuse for the fuel pump, though. You could try re-seating it.

CD

Reply to
codifus