**GAS FILTER**

Can anybody tell me where the gas filter is located in my 1995 Nissan Maxima?

Reply to
20honey04

It should be mounted on the firewall between the left front fender the brake master cylinder.

Reply to
E. Meyer

Actually, it is located on the other side of the master cylinder from the fender and down further. It is a pain to get to even with the air intake removed.

Reply to
John Doe

Yep - you're right. I should've looked before answering. Its been a few years since I changed it. Easy to see - bitch to get out. The ABS tubes severely restrict access to it.

Reply to
E. Meyer

Some '95 Maxima's don't have ABS . . .

The air intake must be taken out for access room if you have ABS. Even then, I did this once and got 27 (Twenty-seven!!) cuts getting the filter replaced. This is one job I'd gladly pay someone else to do.

For the brave: Be sure to pull the fuel pump fuse and run the car till it dies, to relieve gas pressure. Otherwise, if you just take the line off, the gas will keep coming, and coming, and coming.....

JM

Reply to
JM

Getting to the filter is one thing - getting the hoses off has been the real challenge...the hoses just do not want to come off... pulling on them actually just makes them grip down even harder on the filter flange... the way that has worked for me is to use a flat-head screwdriver to pry/push the hoses off...

Nirav

96 Max GLE, 110k
Reply to
Nirav J. Modi

Ain't that the truth!! I hate the feul filter job. I had my mechanic do it and he said the best way tio do it is from underneath. I told him that would be fine if I owned a $60,000 hydraulic lift and a garage:)

CD

Reply to
Codifus