Goofy Starting Problem 2000 Maxima

Hey Niss Tech

I have a 2000 Maxima with 112,000 miles. Everything on it is great except it has a glitch that it has had all it's life (I bought it new). Sometimes when starting, I have a "poof" out in the throttle body area and then the car won't start. I have to turn off the ignition for a count of 20 and then it starts up fine.

Any ideas???

Reply to
Chuckindallas

Did u complain about that during warranty? What has been done? ...no error codes in ECU?

One possibilty is too early ignition, causing backfire before intake valve is closed. If so, maybe this is sensor/ECU/powersupply /grounding -problem. As each sensor is an 'idividual', replacement could help: root cause is possibly corrupted, spiky/poor, signal from cam/crank pos sensor.

If it is intermittent, catching the culprit might be 'near impossible'...Whattodo: Sensor swap?

Reply to
Wiikinki