Have a brake question (someone must know)

I have a 1993 nissan Altima GXE It has 4 wheel disc brakes. My handbrake cables are working (i mean not seized) but not holding car very well. I removed rear wheels and noticed my brakes are not very good at rear. My question is 1) if installed new brakes at rear will this improve my handbrake perfectly 2) is there a way to adjust my handbrake

thanks

Reply to
Devils Advocate

The cable hand brake mounted on the center console near the shift stick can usually be adjusted with the turn of a simple nut. If your hand brake lever is wrapped in a boot type or bellow, look inside for the nut on a screw. DO NOT overtight the nut, the threads are very sensible. I ruined 2 before because of overtightining it.

I also experienced bad holding effect becasue of a rear seized caliper on my maxima, (4 disc brakes like yours). I had to replace the caliper, the rotor along with new pads

Reply to
Daniel