Help--What tires for 98 SE--215/55r16??

I just got a '98 SE that came with Gislaved NordFrost tires on it. What is the best bang for buck for good hot weather highway tires? I live in hot climate (New Mexico) and do LOTS of highway driving on hot pavement interstate every day (I25). Doesn't have to be extreme performance tire, just a quiet good-cornering long-milage highway tire. I want to stay with the stock rims now so I need 16 inch tires. I'm not worried about rain performance very much at all. Rarely rains where I live. Thanks mikey

Reply to
Michael Rogers

I loved the Kumhos ECTA 712s when I had them. Great performing and cheap. Kumho has newer models now, so you may want to look into those. Also, you can stick with the OEM size 215-55-16 but may find choices a bit limiting. You can also get size 225-55-16 which is a slightly wider and taller tire , the difference of which wont cause a major speedo error.

CD

Reply to
codifus

Michelin

Reply to
NissTech

Check the reviews on

That's how I decided upon Goodyear Assurance ComforTred tires. Have had them only two weeks, but I'm impressed. High mileage warranty. Rated 700 treadwear, A traction, B temperature. Got 'em at Sams Club in Ohio for $484 including tax, mounting and balance. VERY quiet tire.

Have had Michelins in the past, so was tempted. Goodyear's cheaper, higher ratings.

Reply to
Jim G