High Pitched chirp/grind from front wheels...

Hi Everyone:

I'm about to drive my Maxima cross country (Moving from KS to MD), and would like to put my mind at ease about something first.

I've been hearing a high-pitched chirp or grind that sounds like its coming from one of the front wheels, though I'm not sure which one. It's pretty subtle, but it's there. I believe it becomes more rapid as my speed increases (the chirp gets smoother.)

What is there that might cause this? Both front axels were replaced 6 or so months ago, so I know it's not that.

Bearings? Joints? Anyone have any ideas here?

Thanks in advance.

Matt

Reply to
mdg

I forgot to mention that this is a 1993 Maxima GXE, with about 130k miles.

Matt

Reply to
mdg

Might be the brake pad sensors alerting you to worn out pads. They have metal tabs that scrap the disk when the pads get thin.

Reply to
John Smith

...Both front axels were replaced 6 or so months ago, so I know it's not that. ... ...maybe its just that?

Typically hi pitched noise comes from brakes, bearings. Got to raise it up and try to figure out...

See -93 GXE info below

Reply to
Wiikinki

Thanks for the replies so far everyone. I'll take off the breaks today and have a look. It _has_ been about 4 years since I did the break pads.

I'll keep you posted.

Matt

Reply to
mdg