Horn doesn't work after steering column replaced

Hello ~ I had the unfortunate experience of having someone attempt to steal my 97 Maxima some time ago. With the amount of money I've put into repairs recently and at just shy of 200K, in some respects, it would've been better for me had they gotten away with it! Instead, they just busted up the ignition to the point where the entire steering column had to be replaced. The mechanic, I suspect, didn't really know what he was doing because he kept swapping out salvage steering columns (3 total) and saying that "this one is missing that switch" yadda yadda. Ultimately, I got tired of taking the car back, only to have them NOT figure it out - even though my insurance had already paid them - and to this day, have a flashing airbag light and a horn that doesn't work. Except that when I accidentally tripped up the alarm the other day, the horn WAS going off. So, it's just when I press the steering wheel that I get no response. Does this sound like a fairly simple fix, or am I looking at another costly repair if I want to get that taken care of??

Thanks!

Reply to
mnp17