How do I replace burned out bulb rear side light on Maxima 2001?

On the rear passenger side of the car I have a burned out bulb. It is on the side of the car, not the rear bumper area.

On the other side of this bulb, red plastic long 5 inch by perhaps 2 inch lens is the Jack in side the trunk.

How the heck do I get to the bulb holder to replace it?

I took out the Jack and such and saw a wire that goes into the hole feeding the bulb (with a rubber gasket around the wire)...but cannot see where the wire goes nor where access to the bulb is.

Should I just take it into Nissan and have them do an oil change and also change the bulb at the same time?

Thanks, Patty

Reply to
pattyjamas

I don't have an 01, but my guess is that you have to pop the light off the bumper and then replace the bulb... It is probably covered in your owner's manual (or at least, I would expect it to be).

Cheers, Nirav

Reply to
njmodi

Yup, that did it. Broke some pins off the plastic piece to write but glued it back in. Red Side plastic Reflector with bulb inside came off finally with some pressure and great hesitation by me.

Thanks so much Patty

Reply to
pattyjamas