I30T O2 sensors

I own a 2000 I30T Infiniti with 120,000 miles on it. So far the car has been a great car! The Check Engine light came on recently. I took my car to the mechanic and was told that I need (2) O2 sensors replaced. I was told that each sensor will cost approx. $150.00. To install both sensors, the cost will be approx. $500.00, including parts and labor. I mentioned to my mechanic that I saw sensors on the net for $50.00 each. He informed me that the sensors I saw do not come with the proper wires needed for installation. My mechanic is a great guy and I do trust him. I just wanted to get some elses take on the cost he quoted me on parts and labor. I am looking forward to putting another 80,000 on my car and will do whatever maintenance is needed to get there. I did have him clean out the fuel injector, and will no longer put "regular" gas in the car. Hopefully the "gunk" will not build up again.... Thank you in advance for your input.

Reply to
craftysandy2001

He's right. He's marking them up of course. You can get universal ones and splice them in, but the connections are a point of failure up the road.

Reply to
JimV

I had the same problem with my 2000 Maxima. I burned regular gas in it for about 60K of the 129,000 miles and my check engine light came on too. The codes showed I needed an O2 sensor. I added an additive to my fuel and the light went off. Then it came back.

I switched back to premium fuel and after the first tank, the check engine light went off....and hasn't come back on. I now have 132K on it and plan to make it to 200K. I hate car payments. I think that premiium fuel has a lot to do with this code coming up. It runs a little bit better but.......

Wed, 22 Aug 2007 07:42:53 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Reply to
Chuck In Dallas