Identify module?

I have a 93 Maxima with the standard engine. Can anyone tell me what the module is thats located between the coil and distributor? It has three wires running to it (r/w,blk,g) Thanks!

Reply to
Keith Wickline

it is called a power transistor

Reply to
NissTech

Thanks for the reply. What does it do?

Reply to
Keith Wickline

it amplifies the signal from the ECM to trigger the coil to produce a spark.

Reply to
NissTech

Interesting. I never see this mentioned. Could this be a cause of intermittent power loss?

Reply to
Keith Wickline

Is there a way to check this item?

Reply to
Keith Wickline

intermittent power loss , no

it is either good or bad

if the car starts and runs it is good if not , it is bad

Reply to
NissTech

yes, you can use an Ohm meter to check it

Reply to
NissTech