idleing at 1000rpm

is it normal for a 95 maxima to Idle at 1000 RPM's iv been having some troubles with my 10 year old maxima with 115k mils on it the other day it was really cold out and it wouldn't start right away (kept stopping till I gave it some gas) Cheeked the oil the next day and it was Very Low, it leaks a bit, filled it up and now its idleing higher than I rember it doing so any suggestions or thoughts?

Reply to
freind

No, it should be around 600RPM. You probably have a bad temp sensor. Letting it get very low on oil is very bad, but probably not your problem.

Reply to
JimV