Keyless Entry System

Hello, I purchased a 1998 Nissan Maxima SE used a few years ago from the dealer. The vehicle has the factory alarm installed but the dealer never gave me the Key less Entry remote. I've been using it without a key less entry remote, but last night I was having a discussion with some friends and they are convinced my car should have the remote control as I have Leather Seats, Homelink, Vanity Lighter Mirrors, Dual Power Seats, Bose, Intermittant Wipers, Lighted Entry System and pretty much every other option in the book.

Does anyone know where to check in the car to verify the keyless entry receiver exists? I intend to get a replacement remote for it if the system already is in place in the car.

Thanks!

Reply to
Vince

Yes, it should have a remote. You can pick one up off Ebay for $20 or so and program it yourself. Many include the programming instructions, but if not, use Google to find them.

Reply to
Dan

It's part of the alarm, so if it's a factory alarm it has it.

Reply to
Jim

I'm pretty sure its a factory alarm. Thanks for the help guys, I'm gonna try my luck on ebay.

Reply to
Vince

Here's a way to be absolutely certain: follow the directions for re-programming your a remote here (the procedure does not involve the new remote until the last part, so the 1st part can be used to verify the capability is in your car);

If your hazards flash twice, then your car is ready to receive a new remote! Next stop, ebay. Look for Nissan or Infiniti remotes for the years 1995-1998.

Good luck CD

Reply to
codifus

Thanks i tried the procedure and the hazard lights lit up, I just got one off ebay thanks for all the advice guys! I just can't believe that goddamn dealer and how he gipped me. If it weren't for that conversation the other night, i would have gone another 3 years or more without it. Ignorance is never bliss.

Reply to
Vince