leaks from abs unit

I have a 92 Maxima that is leaking brake fluid. I had a shop checked and they told me that it is coming out of the ABS unit and that I should go to a dealer to do the repare.

I want to save some bucks and try to do it myself but don't know how far can I go into the ABS unit. Has anyone done this before? Can I take the unit out and opened it? Any help woul be appreciated.

Reply to
Flavio Serpa

You need to replace it as a unit and you need special tools to bleed it after it's replaced.

Reply to
JimV

chances are it's not the ABS servo, In my 17 years I have NEVER seen one go bad or leak, of course anything is possible.

I'd bet it's coming from the master cylinder, I suggest taking it to the dealer and let them inspect it.

Reply to
NissTech