Location of Data Link Connector on 2001 Maxima

Ok here is the deal. The ABS light came on and I'm trying to pull the trouble codes to see if I can get an idea of where the issue might be. I understand that you can ground the L terminal and it will output the trouble codes. Problem is..I'm not exactly sure where the data link is?? The hayes manual shows the connector to exist next to the fuse box but its not there on my 2001. Would this be the same data link that is used by the OBD-II scantools?

If so, then how on earth do I locate the 'L' terminal?

Thanks, iSeriesDude

Reply to
ACid.

Ok I did some digging and figured it out. The data link connector is in fact the connector you would normally hook a scan tool up to and pull trouble codes from the computer.

Now, for those interested, to pull the ABS trouble codes perform the following steps...

  1. Drive the car for 20 seconds at a speed above 20 MPH.
  2. Turn the car off and pay special attention to not hit the break pedal.
  3. Ground pin '8' on the data link connector.
  4. Turn the ignition to the on position. The ABS light will begin to flash.

I was able to find the codes and the meanings in my Hayes manual. Turned out to be a left front open circuit. Now its time to test that out.

Acid.

Reply to
iSeriesDude

Reply to