Locks itself!

My wife's '04 Maxima sometimes locks itself when the keys are in the ignition and the engine is running. (It might happen with the engine off but the key in the acc. position.) I recall a time when I stepped out of the car at the store while she was in it, and when I returned the door was locked. (No...she wasn't sending me a signal...) This also happened to her the other day, forcing her to use her hidden key.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

--Richard

Reply to
Richard Huggins

Body control module screwed up. Bad wiring. Bad alarm. Bad switch.

Never did get it figured out in my wife's '96 Avalon. Sold after

29,000 miles for security reasons. Start taking it to the dealer and documenting your repair requests, so you can try to get a buy-back under your state's lemon laws if they can't fix it.

The dealer kept giving us a loaner (two months out of service altogether), neatly sidestepping our laws. It was a considerable loss, trading after 2 years. Your laws may vary, but I suggest not asking for a loaner if your laws are like my state's. Find out by calling your attorney general or motor vehicle bureaucracy, and get a copy of the law.

Good luck.

JM

Reply to
jmattis