maxima ?

Hello folks. I have been having trouble with valves i my 1992 V6 DOHC Maxima. She has 89,000 miles the Chain tensioners were just replaced, and 2 valves. Upon startup sometimes it is quiet, and other times not. The sound is like a lifter clacking.

I spoke with a Nissan tech today, he says the air needs to be blead from the system. 1500 RPM in Neutral, for 3 or 4 minutes. Sounds kinda crazy to me.

Would appreciate any help in this matter. Shawn in NY

Reply to
butch

Did the motor just stop or did you fix the tensioners before they were broken? I believe I have the same issue and the Nissan shop in town is telling me it is a $2000 job minimum. If you have any info on the procedure, please drop me a line

cheers, Akey

Reply to
Akey