Maxima 2002 brakes burned out

Hi everyone. I think I have a problem with my Maxima '02 rear brakes. I changed rear rotors and braking pads recently , about 3 months ago. Yesterday i was driving about 40 miles on a highway and after i got off the highway and stopped on a red light i smelled something burning. I turned back and saw smoke coming from right rear wheel. The rotor was red. That's the story. So , I guess my question is , what should i do? I changed rotors and pads myself , wasn't very hard work though. Left rear rotor seems ok no smoked pads... I did not do breaks bleeding, could it be a reason? Yeah little detail. I noticed that when i brake on red lights after awhile i hear strange noise like a pad did not get pulled from rotor after braking, but it goes away after some time. I am not sure from what wheel it is coming though... I bought chinese "no brand" cheap rotors and pads if it matters anyhow. Any thoughts? Thanks D.

Reply to
Djavdet

Jawire

[...]

Well one thing for sure you did something real wrong. That rotor system got bound up some how piston had a bind who knows thinking it was the cheap parts you used. Now your going to have to replace it and the rotor and pads maybe the wheel bearing if it got real hot. Anyway it's just a rebuild deal and this time be careful what you do or don't do and I sure would give buying real Nissan parts this time. Goodluck

Reply to
View from Outer Space

Reply to
John Smith

if the piston on the caliper was not oriented correctly to the little nub on the brake pad it can cause a binding effect on the brake pad

Reply to
NissTech