Maxima 2002 passenger side fan noise

The fan on the passenger side groans loudly whenever I put it on. Sometimes if I hit a bump it will start or stop , depending on the previous state. I suspect either the fan is rubbing on something or has become unmounted. What is the best way to get at it? It looks like my choices are as follows: remove the main adjustable vent (how), remove the vent cover that points twords the window (how) get at it through the engine compartment? Remove the dash? Get at it through the glove box (this seems to be the best way) or get someone else to do it. Any ideas where I could find out how to fix this? thanks

Reply to
bugman

... Get at it through the glove box... Get it through the glove box [=squirrel].

Connector, hose & 3screws. Very easy.

Xploding airbags does kill more ppl than save (so say the statisticians). I'd take batt cable out 30min before starting job.

Its similar to mine, check link below...

Reply to
Wiikinki

take batt cable out 30min before starting job.

Thanks, good advice about the airbag. I defiantly would not have though of that and I will be working right next to it.

Reply to
bugman

...Thanks, good advice about the airbag. I defiantly would not have though of that and I will be working right next to it. I have read about incidents at service shops. Somehow they + terrible environmental aspects and mfg deaths, other related deaths are not "equal" with traffic accidents. Big busine$$ gets all news coverage the way it wants, worker death is less than mgr death...

I hate to drive with old shaky live ammo under my nose. Luckily no xplosives in my car. Still I guess that is that more likely one dies in the bed, ... one cannot be too careful. The danger is in hit from ballooning bag: they also say little ladys keeping drivers seat at front get crushed by the bag , even at very slow speed...

Taking batt out for longer time resets ECU registers. This means some ECU self-learn time for full performance; no problem. If interested, then clic clic clic that process via info on 'Favorite Links' below.

Reply to
Wiikinki

I had exactly the same symtoms in my 2003 maxima. Took it in and the dealer replaced the fan. William

Reply to
William Mastop

Yeah but I'm on a lease that expires in May. I'm over 36k 3y, so it's not covered. I and am provably going to keep the car. I was under the dashboard this weekend, took the screws out of the glove box and was prepared to take the fan out. I gave it a couple of wacks and the noise stopped. Can't tell if the fan is seizing or there is something caught in it. Gonna wait until I decide if I am going to keep it before I replace the fan. Don't want to break anything I might have to pay for.

Reply to
bugman