Maxima 91 speedometer

How can I diagnose the speedometer failure? Some times the instrument indicates the speed and the major time dont. I most replace the sensor or the cluster?

Reply to
canchemoreno

Nirav, You care to answer this one.

If this person did a search of this newsgroup he would find his answer quite easily

Reply to
NissTech

Considering that English appears to be this person's second language, they may not be as nuanced in the ways of Google.

Perhaps you could just answer his question?

Thanks Niss,

Bill G '91 SE Auto

Reply to
Bill G

Most likely the sensor is not fully seated in the transmission housing. Look for a sensor with 2 wires coming out of it (going to the harness)- it will have a round plastic cap. Use a piece of wood or something soft to help you reseat the sensor. That should fix your problem. If the problem persists, then you might need to diagnose further.

Cheers. Nirav

96 Max GLE, 117k
Reply to
njmodi

This is the correct answer

Reply to
NissTech

Thanks. I reseat the sensor with a piece of wood and my problem is solved. I have also the cruise control working again.

Reply to
canchemoreno

Good to hear you got it fixed!

Nirav