Maxima and its rich twin the I30/I35

I know that in the 95-99 Maxima series, what the USA knows as the I30 is the known as the Maxima in the rest of the world. I guess I can assume then, that the USA I30/I35 in the 2000-2001 series, or A33, is also the Maxima in the rest of the world? If so, does is that world Maxima available with the 6-speed manual mated to the VQ35DE?

The reason I ask is that for my next car I'm thinking of a project involving a USA I35.

CD

Reply to
Codifus

Codifus wrote in news:zZNCe.147026$mx5.55499 @fe08.lga:

They are the same but the US was one of few places to get a 3.5L in the I30/I35 body (maybe the only place). I'm not sure about the 6 speed.

Take a look at these Australian Maximas, the 2000-2003's all have the 3.0L with the 2004+ model getting the 3.5. The newer Maximas sold overseas are based on the Nissan Teana and come with either a 4 speed auto or 6 speed CVT.

Dave Stone

Here in Canada, we have Nissan and Infinity, like Toyota and Lexus and Honda and Accura.

The Infinity is the high end product, or at least the pricing is. There seem to be more standard features.

rtt

Reply to
Richard Tomkins