Maxima central locking/ remote locking problem. Help!

1995 Maxima QX British model 3litre V6. Central locking with the hand remote control does not work, seemed to get 'lazy' then stopped. Changed battery. No again! Got a new hand control from local dealer and it will not re programme, so they both do not work! I have had to switch off the siren so I can access the vehicle with the key.The security system seems to be OK. Prior to the remote getting lazy all three buttons worked but the hazard lights did not come on to show alarm was set.Otherwise the vehicle is OK. 72,000 miles. Any help will be appreciated or even a wiring diagram of this circuit please. Thanks. John."
Reply to
EnglishJohn

Well I would look for "remote or FOB re-programing" on the web. There are lots of instructions that I have seen before to do just that. Make sure that the battery is properly seated and that the contacts are clean! Also, you may have to try to open and close the doors several times before the unit will recognize your code(s). Anyhow, once you have good FOB and a good battery just use the process to program a new FOB.

Here is ONE example: insert the key 6 times till hazards flash put the key in the IGN ON position hit any button on the key fob remote unlock the doors, and open to complete?

Reply to
95-96maximas