Minor squeak on throttle up/down and changing gears from P to R and R to D

Hello,

The problem I am describing here has to do with an annoying squeak that's not too loud but can be heard easily when the car is in the garage and even outside just as I come to a stop on a red light.

Whenever I switch gears from say P to R to reverse or from R to D I hear this small squeak coming from somwhere in the engine copartment. I can also hear the squeak if I lightly rev the engine both on throttle up and down. In other words when I first start to push the gas pedal I hear the little squeak and when I release I also hear it. As I said the squeak is not very loud but is noticeable and reproducible 100% of the time. It's the not the same kind of squeaking you get from a worn belt or brakes. It's just a single squeak sound.

I took my car to the dealer and although the technician could hear the noise and spent a few minutes trying to figure out where it's coming from, he simply decided that it's a "normal" engine noise. It's not normal because this noise started to happen only recently.

I'd appreciate input on this problem.

Thanks.

Reply to
Baha

I forgot to mention that I have a 2002 Maxima GXE.

Baha wrote:

Reply to
Baha