Need trick for testing ECU harness wiring

I'm trying to test continuity of my ECU/engine wiring harness of my 97 SE.

What's cheap, handy, and fits well into the connectors of the ECU harness? I tried inserting a straight pin, and a couple other small metal contacts into the connectors, but couldn't get good contact through any of them.

Dave

Reply to
David Geesaman

The answer is to look carefully in the FSM for the page that describes exactly how to do it. Using a pointed continuity probe, insert from the BACKSIDE of the connector along side of where the wire enters. That will give contact, and the diagram in the manual will look right :) The diagram will match the shape of the pin layout when you look at it from the ECU side, but all the wires will be 'wrong'.

Dave

Reply to
David Geesaman