Nissan found my vibration

Hello again all,

Well I got my '97 Maxima back after a water pump, time chain and guides, and both CV axles replaced. I notice two things immediately (or it is wishful thinking), the car is a little more crisp off the line, perhaps the time chain. Two: the vibration I have been chasing around for years is gone. I've had tires rebalanced, replaced and rotated trying to eliminate that vibration. I guess the CV joints were pretty bad for a very long time. I guess that is where my vibs were.

So if you are curious $1400.

Fred

Reply to
Fred Wilson

Fred - that's great to hear. Don't wallow in the money spent too much

- just be rest assured that you're most likely set for another 150k other than some incidental maintenance :)

I'm surprised they replaced the chain itself. It is not uncommon to replace the tensioner and guides at that mileage - but i suppose the chain is cheap (relative) and they figured with 150k on the original chain - it would be worth the peace of mind.

I'm inclined to replace my own CV joints - I rebooted them years ago when they started showing deep cracks in the rubber, but I've got an annoying slight vibration between 60-70mph that I haven't been able to get rid of so far either.

Cheers, Nirav

Reply to
njmodi