Nissan Maxima 2001 - Fuel Filter

Is there a fuel filter in the 2001 Maxima that requires a change and at what mileage or time interval?

Thanks, willie

Reply to
willie

It's in the tank and is supposed to be good for life.

Reply to
JimV

Most have course filter in tank and fine filter can near the engine, under the hood. Go to your local autoparts store and check for correct filter part. Nominal cost $20 for filter Changed it every 60K Mi.

Reply to
jjjsan

Only a filter in the gas tank as part of the fuel pump assembly. And, it is supposed to be good for the life of the car. B/S in my opinion so at some point you will be changing the filter. The good news is that you remove the rear seat and the access cover to get to the pump housing and filter. You do not have to drop the tank. I have 96K miles on my

2000 Maxima and it is still go> Is there a fuel filter in the 2001 Maxima that requires a change and
Reply to
Jon Smith

I agree that the filter will not last a lifetime.. especially so if you use a gas station with crap in their tanks (I worked in a station once and....!)

On my 93 it was on the firewall under the hood, and when I replaced it, it solved the problem I was having.

The 2001 filter is in the tank as someone else mentioned.. sounds like the kind of job you do only when you've exhausted other possibilities first. And be sure to put out the cigarette before you change that filter!!!

J>Only a filter in the gas tank as part of the fuel pump assembly. And,

Reply to
Pat

Reply to
John Smith