Nissan Repairman Stupid?

My Nissan would not start! The AAA guy told me it had something to do with the alarm system. I had it towed to a Nissan dealership for repair. The service manager told me it was the starter and something else. I don't have the receipt in front of me right now. I thought this solved the problem.

Tonight the car won't start again! The alarm goes off and the car dies! I guess it was NOT the starter after all! Plus, I got a new starter back in

2003!

I am very angry! I want satisfaction! Any suggestions on how to deal with this?

Thanks

Reply to
song writer

Not trying to state the obvious... but.... why not take it back to the dealer who did the initial repair...

Nirav

96 Max GLE, 117k
Reply to
njmodi

I went to the car and it started up. Can I bring the old starter to a place to see if it is okay? Nissan replaced it.

Reply to
song writer

I think it would just be a real waste of time because that dealer will never admit they were wrong. And taking it to court would also be costly. Find another place to get this problem fixed as it will just return later. It sounds like a wiring problem with the alarm system when they installed it they patched it into the existing wiring harness and there is a problem at this tie in point.

Reply to
gameover

This is just what happens when your alarm goes off. Nissan alarms disable the starter after they go off if you don't turn the car on w/in a certain amount of time. Just open the hood and disconnect the battery for a couple minutes. That will reset the alarm. I have also heard that setting the alarm off again, then turning the key right away will reset it. There is a thread on the z-cars newsgroup talking about this right now.

Scott B

'89 240sx '84 720 KK 4x4

Reply to
twofouroh

You got that right. I had Autotech Nissan in Manhattan do a job on my 98 Max SE. Some emissions related device was failing. They charged me $300 saying that it wasn't covered. I wrote a letter complaining to Nissan Corporate saying that emissions equipment is supposed to be covered way longer than the manufacturer warranty. They agreed. Couple weeks later Autotech Nissan contacted me to issue a refund.

CD

Reply to
Codifus

I don't know if you have the same kind of alarm mine had but if the alarm went off I had to lock the doors with the key then open it back with the key try that hope it helps It's a safty feature that shuts down the car

Reply to
poorcajun