no one seems to know

I have a 1993 nissan maxima there is a button inside the car that says power / comfort I Kinda think this has something to do with the transmission does anyone know for sure what this is?

Reply to
poorcajun

I believe that changes the transmission shift points - i.e. later shifting in sport mode.

Nirav

Reply to
njmodi

Correct.

If you have it in the middle, i.e. neither mode specifically, it will guage the shift points based on usage. Hard acceleration will cause later shift points. It may also work this way when in Comfort mode and you stomp on the gas. Not sure, since my '91 is always in Sport mode.

Reply to
Bill G

THIS SWITCH IS TO CHANGE THE SHIFT POINT OF THE TRANMISSION. I WOULD LEAVE IT IN THE MIDDLE.

Reply to
eric11104

that button relates to the three different gerboxes you have in the car, the power one is for a more sporty preformance at lower revs, comfort is for your normal everyday driving and the other gearbox not listed on the button is what works the other two. hope thats of some help

regards dh

Reply to
nismo-dave

If gas cost is a concern, stay away from the "power" setting.

Reply to
jmattis