no sound from my 95 maxima

I have a 1995 nissan maxima, which had a bose system. The base system crapped out on me though about a month ago. i read that the head units had been troublesome to other people, so i went and bout a new alpine stereo. I still have the old speakers hooked up because i really don't feel like rewiring the system.

now i know that you can't put a bose head unit into a non bose car because there is no amplifier in t the head unit, but does it work the other way around too. if i have a radio with a built in amplifier will it mess with the individual speaker amplifiers, and cause no sound?

if not someone please tell me why i have no sound coming from my radio...

Silent car rides are the worst

Reply to
andrew8261

I am in market for a new cd player (mp3 compatible) for my 95 maxima. If you figure out a solution to your problem, do let me know. Also where can i find detailed instructions on how to replace the old bose radio/cassette player with a new radio/cd player.

-- Nauman snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Reply to
nauman

A friend of mine swapped out his head unit without knowing anything about the Bose system. Afterwards, he wasn't able to turn his volume up past the first click on the dial. Anything higher and you'd be pretty much blown out of the car with sound.

I'd guess it's in the wiring. Unless you had it cranked the first time you turned it on and blew out the speakers themselves.

Reply to
Bill G

Hi, There is an adapter you can buy at best buy / circuit city, tweeter, etc that will adapt the line out RCAs on the back of your new radio to the inputs of the Bose system. I had to do it around 5 months ago. I believe the adapter was close to 50.00.

Here's a link to an eBay auction that has a kit and wiring harness packaged together for a newer max. Maybe you can drop the seller a line and see if he has the adapter cheaper than CC has it. (And NO... I am not the seller, nor do I know him / her, etc.)

Just my .02 cents. :-)

-Wayne k

Reply to
Wayne K.