once its paid off.........

to start i have a 2k, auto trans, SE with 133k miles...well if i want to reach 70 on the highway, it takes 2 hours because my car has no get up and go until i reach about 70. if i punch it from a dead stop it reaches 3200 rpm's and stays there until i let off or pump the gas two to three times...any ideas second, drivers side window (all power) will not roll down but i can hear a "knock sound" in the door when i drive but not push down the switch...any ideas finally, sorry, on a incline or when i take off or give it gas i hear a "ticking" sound like metal on metal, i was told to use mid-grade gas but that only takes care of the problem some of the time, been happening for the past year in a half... sorry so long, new to all of this, but next time will be shorter, any suggestions will help, once again thanks

Reply to
luckyjames13

Sounds to me like your transmission is slipping.

Use premium fuel, not mid-grade and see if that helps with the pinging you are likely hearing (when on an incline).

Is the check engine light on? Have you had the codes retrieved?

Your window most likely needs a new window regulator.

Reply to
njmodi

Sounds like your trans is shot to me. How many times have you had the fluid changed by 133K? Is it dark and smell burned?

Reply to
JimV

Replace the Mass Air Flow sensor. It's easy to do and you can get one for the 2000 here for $89.

Reply to
chuckin