PO158 error code on 2001MAX

My friend/independent garage owner came up with this on his "unsophisticated cmptr" [his quote].

O2 circuit Bank 2, Sensor 2 which means that the O2 sensor on rt side down stream of the cat. convertier is out of tolerance and should be replaced. Also, the engine control module [ECM] should be reprogrammed. He suggested I take it to the dealer and have the whole system checked on their $15K analyzer.

I have made an appointment.

However, I'm wondering if anyone has experienced this and can tell me what bad news I might get from my dealer.

Thanks in advance [enjoy the boards....great info for the layperson!]

Reply to
varkpilot via CarKB.com

I just replaced both Bank 2 O2 sensors on my 02 SE with under 36K, and had the ECM reprogrammed, after the Service Engine light came on. Just over $400 at the dealership.

Comm> My friend/independent garage owner came up with this on his "unsophisticated

Reply to
Greg Madson